ECTOCARE Manuka IG Max Features:
• Maximum dose of 100% Leptospermum scoparium honey from New Zealand impregnated into open weave acetate gauze
• Unique patterned fabric, designed to allow free passage for control and management of exudate
• Expandable and exceptionally conformable
• Sterile, single-use wound care dressings for use with secondary dressings for heavily exuding wounds
• Particularly suitable for treating deep wounds and cavities
Manuka Honey Benefits:
• Many anti-microbial wound care products attack dressing bacteria, whereas Manuka honey is unique in the fact that it promotes healing as well.
• ECTOCARE Manuka honey contains high levels of sugar (approx. 87%) causing osmotic activity which helps to promote autolytic debridement of necrotic tissue. This creates a moist wound environment whilst rapidly reducing odour.
• There is no evidence that manuka honey applied to wounds causes any increase in blood sugar levels and it has been successfully used for diabetic patients.
• Manuka honey is acidic, which helps to reduce the pH of a wound. This has been shown to reduce the surface area of a wound.
• Manuka honey also stimulates angiogenesis (the growth of blood vessels and capillaries) which in turn increases the delivery of oxygen to the wound. Oxygen is required for tissue regeneration.
• As honey is a liquid and ECTOCARE gauze dressings are made from 100% knitted acetate, they do not adhere to new tissue growth and can be easily removed at dressing changes.
• The open weave version IG MAX is exceptionally conformable due to the open design of the fabric. This assists in the management of exudate in high exuding wounds.
Indications for use:
• Leg, Pressure and Diabetic foot ulcers
• 1st and 2nd degree burns
• Surgical and Trauma wounds
Directions for use:
1. Remove from primary pouch
2. Remove protective liners
3. Cut to size if needed
4. Apply directly to wound
5. Cover with appropriate secondary dressing
ECTOCARE believe that the antibacterial and healing properties of manuka honey should be harnessed for the rapid relief of suffering for patients with chronic wounds, throughout the world’s healthcare establishments. Driven by this belief, we have developed the ECTOCARE range of manuka honey wound dressings using only 100% Leptospermum Scoparium honey sourced from New Zealand. We are passionate about the beneficial properties of manuka honey, a major weapon in nature’s armoury, in the fight against infection and disease. Our mission is to remain at the forefront of product developments, to provide the very best in advanced wound care solutions.
Using Manuka IG Max dressings, obvious results in a few days. Great stuff.
Almost overnight improvement
Within 4 dressing changes a noticeable improvement. I expect complete healing within the month.